I recently purchased a Seiki SE65UY06 *4k UHD 60hz* tv and it was sold on lies. The box of the TV advertises 4k 60hz but the TV only does 4k UHD 30hz. Then when I tried contacting about a firmware update I at first thought was the issue, then they slapped me with their shady practices. Here are their asinine responses.
"Is there a firmware update for the SE65UY06 to enable HDMI 2.0 for 2160p 60hz usage? The box of the TV advertises 4k 60hz but in the Nvidia Control Panel, it only allows me to choose 30hz and I have it connected to a Geforce GTX 970 which has HDMI 2.0 as well. I contacted customer support and I still have yet to receive a response nor a confirmation email with my case number I asked some woman to send me.......The HDMI cable is a Sony High Speed cable that was working fine on an LG 55UB8500 at 2160p/60hz 4:4:4 Chroma TV before I purchased this one....."
"Hello Hector, the SE65UY06 is an HDMI 1.4 TV. The hardware only supports 30Hz at 4K. So there is no firmware update to upgrade TV to HDMI 2.0"
Then I say:
"Then why does the box of the TV advertise 4k 60hz?"
"Unfortunately, that was a misprint on the box in the initial release. We've corrected the box on the subsequent release. We do apologize for the inconvenience."
Then I ask:
"Then explain this announcement at CES." Pretty much at CES, they said all Seiki Pro TV's (including the one I made the *** mistake of buying) were to have a firmware update to enable HDMI 2.0 for 4k 60hz operation......
"Unfortunately, like many other products at CES. Product releases change or get delayed."
Then I say:
"Then why was there no official announcement or a press release before foolish buyers like me spent nearly a thousand dollars on lies?"
Seiki has not responded to that question and pretty much gave me a middle finger.....this was my last post on their Facebook page warning others about their fraudulent and shady dealings.
"I will be returning the TV and will also be filing a lawsuit for blatant fraud and false advertising that's against federal laws. Not only is Seiki a shady company, they are flat out liars and love to spread lies to lure in suckers like me and others that spent nearly a grand on lies. They didn't even have the decency to release an announcement on the "misprinted" boxes advertising 4k 60hz and addressing the lies of the CES announcement. I will NEVER buy from this shady dishonest scammer again and I will tell all of my friends too, I will even notify the local news organizations to expose this shady company since I live close to DC and there are many national media outlets I can contact to tell them the truth of the shady and fraudulent practices of this dishonest scammer."
This is an issue many are having and there was NEVER any announcements rectifying the blatant false advertising that's pretty much fraudulent. At least Micro Center has awesome customer service and I will be exchanging this fraudulent TV for a Vizio TV that has the real specs posted and actual reviews online to back it up. I will never buy from this shady company again and I encourage everyone else to report them to the BBB (Better Business Bureau) and even the FBI to investigate the fraud because it breaks consumer laws regarding advertising features that are non-existent.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Dishonesty and fraudulent false advertising
- Reason of review:
- Fraudulently advertising 4k 60hz HDMI 2.0 when it doesn't.
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Seiki Se65Uy06 65-Inch Ultra Hdtv
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Hello My name is Janie Long. I bought a new Wave oven and after about 6 times of using it the dome crack's in half. The heating element still works..."
- "I bought a RainSoft water softener after mailing in a water sample that I brought home from Home Depot. I wrote the check (see attachment), but the account is..."
- "Bought a seiki 24 inch LED tv for $179 at sears it was a bedroom tv I had 1 month and turned on for like the 5th time wife was..."
- "BEWARE AACS is a DISGRACE (AACS is American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, Dr. Michael Will, 2015 President, http://www.cosmeticsurgery.org/) because some of its faculty engaged in FRAUD. Dr. E. Antonio Mangubat..."
- "I purchased several rooms of furniture from Ashley furniture online in December 2015. Everything delivered by UPS was damaged SEVERAL times, and on the final UPS delivery I actually met..."
- "This is the worst knights inn I have ever had the misfortune of staying at.None of the ammenities listed online are true.No breakfast of any sort,no business area, no pets,..."
- "Unpacked my purchases. Put the packet on my dresser along with other items in the bag. Later came back to put purchases away. The packet was stuck to my dresser...."
- "After owning for only 4 years now, we noticed that the bottom shelf of the cupboard over the couch is coming off. We then checked to see how it is..."
- "We got the buy two Samsung phones, get a free 50" smart TV. We got the free TV within the 6-8 weeks, but when we got it, we pulled..."