Seiki Digital - Seiki 65 inch 4K SE65UY04

3.2
Style and Design

I purchased the TV on Black Friday 2015. Early April 2016 the TV screen started going black but continued to play the audio.

No problem - things happen. the TV is still within the one year warranty. I review the warranty on Seiki's webpage. It clearly says that if the problem can not be fixed over the phone they will try to send a technician.

Seiki is not willing to send a technician out to repair the TV. The CSR asked me if I had the box the TV came in along with the packing materials. Yeah right! The CSR told me that I had to send the TV to them and they will search their warehouse to see if the had a comparable (refurbished) TV to send back.

If they were unable to find a suitable replacement I would be granted a full refund. The process would take 4 - 6 weeks from the time they receive the TV. Here's the problem. I live in Pittsburgh, PA and they want me to ship the TV to Chino, CA.

Please keep in mind that I only paid $598 for the TV on Black Friday. I researched packing materials and shipping - roughly $70 to pack the TV up and $210 to ship via FedEx or UPS. C'mon man! Almost $300 to ship a TV that costs $598 and no guarantee that I'd receive another TV!

My choices are to pay $300 to ship the TV to get a $598 refund or end up paying $300 for a refurbished TV with essentially a 5 month warranty. I called the customer service number again to appeal for some type of relief. I talked to two CSRs and got the company line. I asked to speak to someone higher and the "supervisor" told me that he does not know the number to corporate headquarters.

Oh yeah I asked if they could just send me a new mainboard and I'd replace it myself. They don't have parts. I can get a mainboard on EBay for $70. At this point I'm starting a letter writing campaign.

No way I'm paying $300 to ship the TV.

I'd try to fix myself first.

Product or Service Mentioned: Seiki Digital Tv Repair.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: I would like a replacement TV or repair at no charge..

I liked: Picture.

I didn't like: Warranty.

Comments

Blackwood, New Jersey, United States #1175590

I have the same problem with warranty. They want me to send back the TV out of my own pocket and it cost $81.

from NJ to CA thru UPS. The TV cost me $275. a 42' 4k and the company wants me to spend another $80.

for this junk. what about a class action lawsuit?