Seiki Digital - Internal board wears out after a year and picture goes out when television warms!

I bought my husband a 50 inch flat screen from K-Mart in 2014 and it went bad in about a year! We ordered parts to try to fix it because my husband works in television and we researched youtube which has videos of other people who had to make this same repair.

We lost money on shipping of replacement parts (there are 5 or so boards and parts that can be the cause of the problem. After a lot of review reading, this is a common problem and it is a really crappy deal.

The televisions should have been recalled. For the $500.00 plus price tag you should get at least 5-7 years out of a product like that.

Product or Service Mentioned: Seiki Digital Se50uy04 Tv.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Seiki Digital - Seiki tv horrible quality

1.8
Style and Design

bought the seiki 50 inch 4k in sept . after the first month the tv would randomly turn on and off at random times.

contact seiki said i would have to pay the shipping to send it back which i was quoted 400$ to ship to them. I bought the tv for 500.i told them the tv was a month old , they told me it didnt matter . Sounds to me like seiki knows there tvs suck and dont wanna pay the shipping for there *** product.

now 6 months later the tv powers on but i get no picture. i got to tell worst company i have ever dealt with beside dell

Product or Service Mentioned: Seiki Digital Se50uy04 Tv.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I didn't like: Warranty, Seiki company, Seiki tv in general, Poor product quality, Terrible customer service.

Comments

I had a similar experience with their customer service. I paid $70 to ship my TV to them then they emailed me a picture and said the screen was cracked so they wouldn't honor the manufacturer's warranty.